Ross Barkley appears battered and bruised in first pictures since nightclub bust-up

Everton midfielder Ross Barkley has been contacted by police after he was the victim of an “unprovoked attack”.

Merseyside Police are investigating after footage circulating on social media showed the 23-year-old being hit in the face by a man in a bar.

The attack was not reported to police and Barkley was not seriously injured.

 

JHP_MDM_120417BARKLEY_06
The Premier League footballer was the victim of an ‘unprovoked’ attack when he was punched in the face (Photo: Daily Mirror)

Liverpool bar Santa Chupitos, where the incident took place, said the member of staff responsible for leaking video footage had been sacked.

Barkley, who trained as normal with his team-mates on Monday, has played 22 times for England and was part of England’s most recent set-up.

Everton+Training+Press+Conference+pxR4kXlUvi4l
Barkley trains with Everton teammates (Source: Gareth Copley/Getty Images Europe)

The Liverpool-born player joined Everton as an 11-year-old and has made 173 first-team appearances.

A force spokesman said inquires into the incident were “ongoing”.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s